I can't help but feel a little glad that January is out the way, despite how quick it's gone (seriously it usually drags on and on but this year it has flown by). It's a very dull month when Christmas is over, and I always feel like I need to get my shit together in January after slobbing and spending all throughout December. So yay to February. This post admittedly features mostly makeup more than anything else as there are lots of things I had on my makeup wish list this month, so here are my January favs.
First up is my amazing, beautiful fashion show robe which I got for Christmas. I just love wearing this in the morning while I do my make up and get ready, it makes me feel super angel-y and cute. One of my favourite things about this are the Swarovski crystals on the back because I just think they make it look so glam. I just love it.
Sticking with the clothing theme I have been loving my new workout gear, especially with January being my kick start a healthy 2016 month and I have been working out most days. Back at the start of the month Victoria's Secret had this ridiculous deal where if you bought a sports bra you got any gym pant free. FREE. And I'm talking gym leggings worth £45-£65 so there was no way I was letting that slide out my hands. I love both of these and I think it is very true that working out is much easier and way more fun when you have new/pretty workout clothes that make you feel fabulous.
Next up is my Chanel Le Crayon Khôl eyeliner in the colour Clair. I have actually had this for a while but for some reason this month I was picking it up again almost every day. It's a beautiful nude colour that really brightens up your eyes and I have been loving wearing this on the inner half of my lower water line, and then blending a black or brown liner into the outer half, I just think this looks really cute. The colour intensity you get from this eye liner is just amazing and it isn't their longest lasting liner but you still get a good wear out of it throughout the day. This is priced at £17 which I think is actually an absolute bargain for a good eye liner, especially Chanel.
I have also been loving my Too Faced Melted Lipsticks this month in the shades Melted Peony and Sugar. Sugar is a really pretty nude which looks amazing paired with the Perfect Nude lip liner, also by Too Faced. This is probably my favourite of these two pinks but I also really love Melted Peony. Again, the colours from these lipsticks are so intense and their staying power is incredible, I never have to top them up after eating or drinking and as somebody who is very lazy when it comes to topping up makeup this is a very important factor for me. You can get these for £19 from Debenhams.
Sticking with makeup, I bought this Urban Decay Naked Concealer as there is quite a lot of hype surrounding it and my verdict is it is absolutely worthy and deserving of it's popularity. This is in the shade Fair Neutral which is the lightest shade and it gives a really beautiful but subtle highlight under the eyes and other areas of the face. My favourite thing about this is that it's so light yet it covers even the absolute worst of breakouts and it's just become an absolute staple of mine. This is a very generous £17.50 and I urge you to purchase one for your makeup bag.
This month I purchased the MAC Prep + Prime CC loose powder in the shade Neutralize. Although it is yellow it applies transparently and leaves skin feeling so soft. It is an amazing way of setting all your makeup and keeps it in place all day. I really love this stuff, I have used it almost every day in January (since I bought it) and will definitely purchase again when I'm all out.
I have been wearing this perfume a lot this month and oh. my. god. It smells incredible (not quite on the level of Bombshell but it's close). So this is the Victoria's Secret Dark Angel perfume which was another Christmas present as I wanted something different from Bombshell and I have been covering myself in this most days since December 25th. They call this the Angel perfume's 'naughty alter ego' and I've never smelled the original but I'm gonna take their word for it. It contains almond flower, mango nectar and caramel latte and it's so fruity and I just love it. Would definitely recommend.
The last to make my January favourites is my amazing Swarovski phone case which I will never get bored of looking at. It's crystal-fied. It's rose gold. And it's so so preeeeetty. They have now brought out a whole new bunch of colours in this too but I have to say I think this is definitely the prettiest. You can get your own here.
Music
My favourite album of the month, and I have absolutely no shame, has to be Handwritten by Shawn Mendes because Stitches is my jam. Another is Queen Of the Clouds by Tove Lo which I have had for a few months but I've really been getting into it again this month, fav songs being Thousand Miles and Moments.
Films
I barely went to the cinema at all in January which I hate, especially since it's award season, but Straight Outta Compton came out on DVD and I saw this on the big screen and thought it was amazing so I will definitely be purchasing and watching again and would really recommend giving it a watch.
Books
So I guess this is one New Years resolution that hasn't kicked off yet.
And that's the lot for January. Here's hoping February brings me better weather, better clothes, a less heartbreaking bank statement and baskets of Valentines gifts from my very unaware boyfriend (one can wish),
Love Jess ♡












Oh my goodness - your phone case! Sparkly AND Rose Gold?!? It's what dreams are made of! Haha. I'm absolutely loving Shawn Mendes' music at the moment too! All your photos are SO cute and those Too Faced Melted Lipsticks - I've heard so much about them!!!
ReplyDeleteRaashi
raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au
it's to die for I LOVE it!!! He is bae for real, thanks girl! Yes they are bomb you need to purchase some X
ReplyDeleteomg how did I not know about that VS deal, I am actually gutted, I want VS gym wear ahhh!!! The perfume looks so pretty too, love the packaging! I also really wanna try out that concealer I've heard so many good reviews about it!! xxx
ReplyDeleteBecky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky
I literally check the site daily for their deals they have so many everyday and you can use up to like 4 codes on one order, AMAZE!! Yeah it's so so good couldn't recommend more Xx
Delete