So I got a bit carried away last week with the makeup shopping but sometimes when I start I just can not stop. This mostly covers the beauty bay order I made last week and I got soooo much pretty stuff that I had to share. There were a few bits I was in need of and a few bits that I really didn't need at all but you can never have too many purple eyeshadows. Fact.
I decided to indulge in some new makeup geek eyeshadows as my Z palette was looking pretty bare and boring, not to mention the pans are £4.95. If you love MAC eyeshadows and have never tried these then I really recommend you do as a) they are so super highly-pigmented, the colour you get from them is so good, b) they are pretty much the exact same size as MAC pans yet they're less than half the price and c) Makeup Geek is totally cruelty free which makes them even more fabulous. This first shade is called Whimsical and it is one of the foiled pans (which are £7.95) and it is a beautiful candyfloss pink with a silver shimmer. I love the foiled shadows as the colour you get from these is just ridiculous, I can't get over how cheap they are for what you get. I find these easiest to apply with my finger as doing it this way transfers the most colour onto your lid, as opposed to using a brush.
The rest of the pans I got were just the standard eyeshadow pans and this one is in the shade Vintage. This is a medium brown matte shadow with mauve undertones. I really love this shade, my palette consists mainly of purples and browns so this fits perfectly and I have loved wearing it with the shade Unexpected which is one I have now had for a while.
The shade above is called Cupcake and this colour is perfect for me as I have mentioned before that when it comes to eyeshadow I love my pinks. This is a medium pink which is also matte and I tend not to go for many matte shades as I love a good shimmer but it's perfect for blending into the crease and wearing with one of the many other pinks I own.
As you can see there is quite a theme with these eyeshadows as they are all pretty similar in colour (oops). This one is called Country Girl and is a shimmer pink/brown shade. This one again goes very well with a lot of other pans in my Z palette so I know I will get lots of use from it.
And the last eyeshadow I bought which is also one of my favourites is Petal pusher, and this is a matte medium rose brown. I have been using this one a lot in the last week, I really love to wear this with Whimsical and I can see this going down very quickly.
The next thing I bought, which I was very much in need of, was a new beauty blender and because I spent over £50 I also got a free solid cleanser which I personally feel is much better than the liquid cleanser. I have raved about beauty blenders before and I will never stop. I find this so much more efficient than any foundation brush I have owned and urge all you girls to get your own if you haven't already. They're only £16 which is so cheap and so worth it.
I have been in need of a new powder brush for some time now so I bought the Zoeva Luxe Face Focus brush which works perfectly and I've used it every day since. I am a big fan of Zoeva, my brush holder actually consist pretty much of only these brushes, they're very well priced and I love all of mine. I also decided I would try a makeup geek brush as I love the eyeshadows so much and you can never have too many crease brushes. This one is the pointed crease brush.
The next thing I bought was the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer as I have the dipbrow pomade which I love so much and use everyday so I thought I would try another of their brow products. To be honest, I haven't really fallen in love with this like I did the dipbrow, I feel the finish isn't as nice and natural looking. I don't totally hate this though and it has got pretty much all round 5 star reviews so it may just be my own personal preference but if you're thinking about purchasing one of the ABH brow products then I would definitely recommend going for the dipbrow pomade as it is amazing.
The last thing I purchased from Beauty Bay was one of the make up geek pigments to try and this one is in the shade Utopia. This is a brown colour with a gold shimmer and I really love this. I have only used it once but I loved the way it looked and it really makes the eyes pop.
Last week I also purchased the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation as I was desperately in need of a good foundation that actually lasts and provides decent coverage. This is a little pricey at £30 but sometimes I think having a few more expensive, branded products is really worth it. I was matched to the shade 1C1 Cool Bone and this matches my skin perfectly, whereas whoever matched me to my Studio Fix did a pretty poor job. I love this foundation, it literally does stay in place, it doesn't run even in pouring rain. It also covers all of my redness which I love and I can definitely see this becoming my go to foundation.
The last thing I bought was a new black eyeliner as my previous one has been seeing it's last days for weeks now. This is the Le Crayon Khôl which I already have in the shade Clair and I love that so much that I decided to get a black one too, this is in the shade Noir. I only have good things to say about Chanel eyeliners and though this isn't one of their waterproof ones, it is more intense and gives the best colour pay off in my opinion. This is a very well priced £17 and I definitely recommend it.
I hope I have inspired you to go and try some new makeup and you should definitely look on beauty bay as it offers so many different brands, some that you can't easily get anywhere else in the UK. If you love makeup like me then I hope you enjoyed reading this,
Love Jess ♡


No comments
Post a Comment