Saturday, 20 February 2016

Camel Coat and Calvin Klein

My favourite Winter accessory (as you may have gathered) is a pretty coat. A nice coat can dress up any casual outfit, add some chic to a plain pairing of jeans and a tee all while keeping us here in the cold UK nice and cosy. I saw this camel coat and fell. in. love.

I tend to prefer coats to jackets (yes, there is a difference) because I like to have the length. These long, ankle length coats have been everywhere this Winter and I've kind of backed off because I am pretty short and I don't want to look like I've been drowned in material. I ordered this one from Missguided on the off chance that it wouldn't make me look like a total idiot, and I actually really love the way it looks. I tend to wear heeled boots anyway which gives me the extra height.
I have paired it here with my trusty Jamie jeans, black heels and my new Calvin Klein jumper and I love the way this all comes together, so simple but still classy. I actually cut this CK jumper (eeek) because I much prefer it with this raw hem look, and as these are quite popular it gives more individuality.
I love that this coat comes with a belt which you can choose to either wear on or off. On colder days it's perfect because you can tie it tight and stay warm, but coming into Spring I will love to wear it open. I bought this in a size 12 as they didn't have it in my size (8) but it doesn't swallow me up at all or look baggy, I love the fit so I would recommend going a size up. (They didn't have a 10 either)

Camel is one of those neutral colours that goes with pretty much anything, and my colour palette is mostly made up of pastels and neutrals anyway so I am going to get so much wear out of this beautiful coat. 

Coat - Missguided, No Longer Available (similar here)
Jumper - Urban Outfitters
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Primark

Love Jess 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I looooveee this outfit, you look gorg! I love this style of coat, I have some similar, I think they're very flattering and chic!! xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I agree they're super flattering, even on a short gal like me haha xxxx

      Delete

© JESSICA TATE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig