Wednesday, 7 October 2015

It’s OK To Have No Idea What You Want To Do With Your Life

Okay so this is really just an intro to my blog and how I have finally come around to creating it...

So two years ago I had just entered my last ever year of high school. In a house where both my siblings went to university and graduated pretty impressively I decided to do the whole UCAS thing too, cause why not. The thing is I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do with my life. One thing i have always been very passionate about is fashion, so I applied to several different fashion related uni courses. Thing is, I did not want to go to uni. I just personally didn't feel like I was ready or like I would be able to handle it.

Come August 2014 I received my exam results and good news (i guess) - I didn’t get into uni which means I didn’t have to break it to my parents that I had already given up on the idea.. just had to break the news of my pretty average higher results. At this point I still had absolutely no idea what i wanted to do with my life.

In a panic I applied to a Retail Management college course which had absolutely nothing to do with fashion and only now did I realise I just wasted a year of my life and money doing something i hate. 

It is now October 2015 and I still have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. All I know is that it’s okay to be 19 and to not plan where you want to be in 5 years time. It's okay to work and make money while you decide what path to take. I know that starting a blog is something I have wanted to do for a long, long time and I hope it’s going to help me build on my confidence. I want to have this online journal where i can write about everything I am passionate about whether it be fashion, beauty, health or travel. I want to spend the next year being happy which is something I can’t say I have honestly been for a long time. Moral of the story, if you are in a similar position 1. Don’t stress, it will come to you. 2. Don’t rush into anything because chances are you’ll regret it. 3. My blog posts will be a lot more interesting than this so do come back!!! 

Love Jess x

PS going to uni is great and not going to uni is also great, just do what makes you happy!!
PPS this isn't really a subject that needed pictures but without it looks so bore so I have inserted a picture of me and my beaut friends at our leavers dance two years ago. 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Brilliant post Jess.... your advice is totally true. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© JESSICA TATE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig