These taste just as good as regular waffles but they are completely vegan and therefore a little healthier than your standard waffle. You can stick solidly to my ingredients or you can change them up and experiment for yourself but this is how I made these seriously tasty vegan waffles...
What You'll Need
75g oats
250g plain flour
300ml almond milk
60ml olive oil
60ml agave nectar (you could use maple syrup if you prefer)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
I also added about half a tsp of cinnamon because I LOVE cinnamon waffles, this is totally optional but I would really recommend it because it tastes amazing.
Method
Grab two separate mixing bowls and in one add all of your dry ingredients - oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. In the other add your milk, oil and agave nectar. Mix both bowls well until everything is nicely mixed together, I like to do my liquids first and then move onto the dry ingredients. Once everything is well mixed, combine your liquid ingredients slowly into your oats and flour. I like to do this about a third at a time. Mix it all together really well and once you're happy then it's literally ready to go into your waffle toaster. To make the process quicker just turn on your toaster before you begin mixing the ingredients, that way it will be nice and hot when you want to add your waffle mix. Follow your toaster's instructions, and take out when they are crisp and golden.
I topped my waffles with maple syrup and strawberries and also sprinkled a little more cinnamon over the top. You can top your waffles with absolutely anything you want, I would definitely recommend the strawberries because they just add a little sweetness and it tastes amazing.
Leave a comment if you want some more posts like this, and if you tried these for yourself. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and I hope you enjoy these as much as I did this morning.
Love Jess x




No comments
Post a Comment