For my first beauty post I thought I would do a quick look at what products I am currently using on a day-to-day basis, as this changes quite regularly. I go through stages with my foundations, concealers and eyeshadow palettes where I won't use something for a while but then I rediscover it and use it to death. These are the products I am currently using everyday and how I like to apply them...
First up is the face. Sometimes I like to moisturise before reaching for my foundation but here I am solely showing you my makeup products. So to begin with I like to use this Max Factor Colour Corrector in green which corrects any redness. All you need to do is apply this to any blemishes or blotchiness and blend it in. Next I will apply my foundation which is currently my MAC Studio Fix in the shade NW15. I love this foundation I feel like it gives me a really full coverage and a flawless finish. I'd say the only downfall is maybe that it doesn't last as long as other foundations that I use but I am really loving this again right now. Moving on to concealer, at the moment I am loving the Maybelline Eraser Eye. It's so easy to apply and it blends really well. To apply my foundation and concealer - before I gave into the beauty blender hype - my go to products were the Bobbi Brown Face Blender brush for foundation and the Zoeva Concealer Buffer to conceal. However I really can't see myself going back to using a brush anymore, the hype is worth it and I would seriously recommend purchasing a Beauty Blender. They are only about £16 which I feel is much cheaper than a decent foundation brush anyway. It just blends your makeup so flawlessly and leaves your foundation looking completely seamless.
I'll then use a powder to set everything I applied to my face and my current favourite is this Soap & Glory Instant Retouch Pressed Powder. I bought this a couple weeks ago because I love to watch Kaushal Beauty's tutorials on Youtube, she uses this in pretty much every video and it always looks amazing so I really wanted to try it for myself. If you enjoy watching tutorials then go and check out her channel, it's grown so much since I first watched her and she totally deserves it.
Now that I am pretty much done with my face I like to move on to eyes. First up is brows and this is real quick, I only need to use one product which is my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. It's the best thing I have ever used on my brows and I will never go back. I have had it about 6 weeks and I've barely used any product. Best investment ever.
I am constantly going between eyeshadow palettes and I will use one to death for about a month before moving on to the next. At the moment I am obsessed with my Morphe Brushes palette which I bought here. It cost me £15 and there are 35 shadows. THIRTY FIVE. On top of this they are SO pigmented it's not even like you have a whole bunch of half-decent eyeshadows that I guess are worth the money since there's so many. They are insane. There are quite a few of these 35 shadow palettes so I will definitely be purchasing another soon. I could not recommend these any more. As well as my big, beautiful palette I am also loving my new Makeup Geek shadows. They ship from the US so you do have to wait a while but it is so worth it. These may just be the best eyeshadows I have ever used and if you're someone who loves MAC and collects their shadows then I think you really need to invest in some of these. The pans are the same in size, they are extremely pigmented, the colours are all beautiful and they are about $6 or something each. THAT IS ABOUT £4. In my opinion they are even better than MAC shadows and they are more than half the price. Along with these 6 that I purchased, I also got the medium Z palette and cannot wait to fill it with more of these little beauties.
To apply my eyeshadow I will almost always use a selection of my trusty Zoeva brushes which as you can see are filthy. (How beautiful are the rose gold brushes!!!!!!!!)
Next up - and my favourite part of the eyes - is liquid liner. My two favourites that I use all the time are Bourjois Liner Pinceau which has a very fine tip, and Loreal Super Liner in blackbuster which has a very thick tip. I love to use blackbuster on a day where I can't be bothered with eye shadow so I apply quite a thick line with a cat eye. Super simple but looks really good.
To finish off the eyes I apply mascara to both my top and bottom lashes. Currently, I am using Benefit's Roller Lash which i love so much. This is definitely their best mascara and I would absolutely recommend it. When I'm done with all of my eye makeup I like to go back and conceal a little under my eyes again, add a tiny bit more powder and then finish off my face with a bit of my MAC Bronzing Powder.
No look is complete without a good lip and I am definitely a nude kinda girl (although these look really dark in this light). On the left is Velvet Teddy which is more brown-toned and on the right is my all time fave Please Me which is a pretty pink.
That pretty much sums up everything I like to use on a daily basis though saying that I don't necessarily use all of these products everyday. I hope you enjoyed having a little peek into my makeup collection.
Love Jess x










No comments
Post a Comment