I know I'm a little late jumping on the resolution bandwagon but throughout January I've been thinking about some stuff that I actually want to achieve this year. Every year I say I'm gonna lose weight and eat healthy and I never stick to it so this year I want to actually try to. Last year was pretty unexciting so I really want to make sure that I enjoy 2016 and have lots to look back on at the end.
✔ Be More Healthy
This is one that EVERYONE swears to do at the start of each year but I really am serious. I want this to be the year where I feel fully comfortable in a bikini on holiday. I go through stages where I eat super healthy and workout 5 times a week and I have stages where I don't. I've mentioned before that weight is something I have struggled with, and feeling confident about myself, but once I'm in a good routine it makes me feel so good and full of energy, so I really want to stick to a healthy diet (still treating myself obviously). As well as that, I want to make sure I exercise regularly because I always feel so motivated after a good workout.
✔ Read More Books
I have always really loved to read and have done since a really young age but it's something I gradually got out of habit of doing as I got older. Although when 'The Fault in Our Stars' came out I did buy nearly every John Green novel and actually read most of them too but that was pretty much the lot of it over the past couple years. I find myself spending most evenings sitting on my laptop, either online shopping (and trying to not actually shop but just look and love and feel sorry for myself because I have no money), scrolling through twitter or spending hours on YouTube or Netflix. And I feel like I am slowly losing brain cells. So reading is definitely something I need to get back into. Bare in mind it's currently 1.02AM and I'm in my bed, in the dark, on my laptop.........
(Incase you're wondering the picture above is a paragraph I took from 'Looking For Alaska' which is an amazing book and I would definitely recommend!!)
(Incase you're wondering the picture above is a paragraph I took from 'Looking For Alaska' which is an amazing book and I would definitely recommend!!)
✔ Get More Sleep
For years now I have struggled with insomnia which started when I was around 16. It comes and goes, sometimes I will be so tired and out at 11 but a lot of the time I will be tossing and turning until 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning (one of the reasons I spend so long on my laptop at night). I feel like I could probably do a lot more to relax at night and fall asleep earlier so this is something I really want to try as the lack of sleep can leave me in horrendous moods, increase my anxiety and generally make me feel run down.
✔ Push Myself Out My Comfort Zone
Summer 2014 to towards the end of 2015 was quite a difficult time for me. I began to experience panic attacks and I had days where I felt so anxious that it stopped me from doing regular things. I didn't know what this was or how long it might last but last year I completed a 10 day programme, exchanging regular emails with an amazing therapist who helped me so much and I am so grateful. I have been able to control it so much more and it has just become a lot easier. Because of this, I want to try new things this year and really try to get back a lot of confidence that I have lost over the past few years.
✔ Blog More
JESSICA TATE
This is something that's really new to me and I'm still trying to establish everything I want to put on my little site. This post got a little more personal than I planned, which isn't something I am going to do much of on here, but I do really enjoy writing like this as well as just posting a new outfit that I bought every week. I haven't blogged as much as I thought I was going to when I started this so I want to make more time to put more effort in and if even only a few people come back and enjoy everything I post then that's fine with me.
I know some of my resolutions may be very cliche (the annual January get healthy promise) but they're all things that I do really want to put effort into. If you're late on making resolutions like me then I hope this has given you a little inspiration. I hope 2016 is an amazing year for you,
Love Jess ♡
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
If you are struggling with depression, anxiety or any other mental health issue then take a look at yourwellbeinguk.com. The Beat Those Blues programme did so much for me and they have other online treatments, blogs for positive thinking, and success stories which can really help X





No comments
Post a Comment