Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Selfridges Advent Calendar | What's Inside?

This year I decided to spend a little extra on advent and purchased a couple beauty calendars. For £60  I thought the Selfridges calendar was really worth the money as it's 24 days where a lot of the beauty advent calendars on the market only offer 12. I'm not going to talk about everything I received as this post would go on forever but I will show a few of my favourite products from the calendar.

On two separate days I received these James Read Gradual Tan and Tan Perfection Enzyme Peel Mask samples. This is a brand I had never actually used but as someone who enjoys wearing fake tan I was pretty excited. 

I'll begin with the Enzyme Peel Mask and this is something I have never used or even heard of. I didn't particularly enjoy the application process of this. The smell when I first applied the gel stung my eyes and the consistency was very thick and sticky which made it difficult to apply with my hands. However, once it was actually on it felt really smooth and the sting in my eyes wore away. After 20 minutes I peeled off the mask and rinsed my face which was pretty simple and painless. 

Once my face was dry I applied the Gradual Tan and to be honest I don't know if the mask did much but I will continue to use this until it runs out. The tan is nice and subtle and doesn't have a horrible, strong smell which is always a bonus. Overall I was really happy with these products.

James Read Tan Perfecting Enzyme Peel Mask, 75ml: £15 at Selfridges
James Read Gradual Day Tan for Face, 50ml: £22 at Selfridges

Next is one I am so happy about and that is the mini beauty blender. I was literally a day away from ordering a couple of these so opening this was so exciting. I love my beauty blender so I know I will use this to death. If you're unsure whether to purchase one or not I could not recommend it more. I think they are so well priced considering they're better than most foundation brushes I have used and are the same price, if not cheaper. This beauty blender also came with one of the solid cleansers, which I had not yet tried and now I couldn't rave about it enough. They're a lot easier to use than the liquid cleanser and I will be sticking to this from now on. 

Visit http://www.beautyblender.co.uk for all products including kits, single beauty blenders (£16), micro mini duo kits (£13.50), solid cleanser (£14) and more. 

This one is a bit odd but I have actually been loving this product so much. I received the Regenerate Advanced Toothpaste about halfway through the calendar and have used it to death since. My teeth already feel stronger so I'm sure it's doing it's job but above that it is the prettiest toothpaste ever. This stuff is sparkly silver and tastes so good and I will for sure be buying this full sized. 

Regenerate Enamel Science Advanced Toothpaste, 75ml: £10 at Selfridges

This advent calendar was mainly based around skincare I would say, but there were a few pieces of make up inside, including these two Eyeko eyeliners. I have only ever used one Eyeko product - a chunky eye stick - and wasn't too keen, but these I have actually been really loving. The liquid eyeliner goes on so very swiftly in a neat, fine line. The Black Magic eyeliner does smudge a little but    it's so pretty and I've been using it everyday. I would definitely recommend these two products. 

EYEKO Skinny Liquid Liner: £12 at Selfridges
EYEKO Black Magic Eyeliner: (Currently unavailable on Selfridges) £15 on ASOS

  I would definitely recommend this advent calendar for next year to beauty lovers. I will be buying this again next year and hope for a few more make up products as opposed to skincare, however that is just my personal preference. I received 6 or 7 facial cleaners in this which is great for anyone who suffers from bad skin. I luckily have never been someone who suffers from acne or regular breakouts so the massive range of cleansers isn't something I really need, but it has had me cleaning my face more regularly which is always a good thing. 

I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and I aim to get back to doing regular posts in the New Year. I'm considering doing a What I Got For Christmas post as I really love to watch these videos and read these blog posts so let me know if that's a good or bad idea. 

Merry Christmas,
Love Jess x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JESSICA TATE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig