Before I start this review I just want to shed a little light on where the hell I have been. March was a crazy busy month, I did a 5 day make up course at the beginning of the month and then just worked so much - literally at one point worked almost two weeks without a day off (which was fabulous money wise and it's a good thing I love my job but I was far too tired to even think about putting effort into blogging).
But now I am back and with a brand new camera (see pictured below BECAUSE I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH) so I am so excited to upgrade my blog photos with my lil baby. It's the Sony A5100 and I got it on a deal from John Lewis for £150 off but the price is £449. I bought it with my hard earned, well deserved money and it was a completely worthy purchase.| (can we all take a moment to appreciate that winged liner??) |
Now into my review ♡
I am a huge fan of Lush face masks, I think they work an absolute treat and they are a total bargain and Oatifix gets a 100% 5 star review from me. I know it doesn't look like the most appetising thing to spread all over your face but it smells and feels amazing, like fresh buttery bananas(??). The thing I love about the feel of this, and actually all of their face masks, is that because they are to be kept in the fridge, they feel nice and cool on the face which is super refreshing.
I start by removing my makeup from the day with my L'oreal extraordinary oil (and extraordinary it is btw) which I apply with dry hands to a dry face and you literally only need a couple pumps of this as it just dissolves your makeup right off. To be sure my face is totally clean I go over it with a makeup wake just to catch any little bits by my hairline or the sides of my nose that I may have missed with the oil. You want to be completely fresh-faced when you apply a face mask.
Here I am using a brand new one and you want to take a generous amount in your hands to spread across your whole face, avoiding the eyes and lips. The tubs are small but they do last you a good amount of time because though I say generous, you don't need to go to town with the stuff. So here I am with no make up on with gunky oats all over my naked face for the whole Internet to see.
So as you can see I haven't completely smothered my face in the stuff but a nice thick amount is covering all areas of my face. It's really moist so spreads so easily and evenly and feels super refreshing on the face. Some face masks I feel can really dry up on your face and make your skin feel tight but this just doesn't do that all and I've never had that feeling with any of Lush's other face masks.
You're going to want to set a timer as you don't want to keep this on for much longer than 10 minutes, ensuring it doesn't go dry. Taking it off is admittedly kinda gross and hard to do without water going everywhere but I do prefer to just take it off with my hands + hot water rather than a flannel.
I would defo give some of these masks a try - treat yourself to a trip to lush and have a pamper night complete with a bath, a glass of bubbly and a refreshing face mask. I am also a huge fan of BB Seaweed and Love Lettuce but I'd say Oatifix probably has to be my fav.
I so look forward to strengthening my blog game with my beaut new camera,
Love Jess♡
Hi Jess! I actually think this was the first fresh mask I purchased from Lush! Isn't it great! My skin always felt so soft after using it. I also recommend The Sacred Truth, it's beautiful. So soft & silky & smells like honey.
ReplyDeleteYasmeen x
The Mirror Affects
Me too, i never get tired of how amazing my skin feels after using! I haven't tried that one before, thanks for the recommendation babe I will defo try it. X
Delete