Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Beauty Bay & Cult Beauty Indulgences


I feel like I haven't blogged in ages and it's because I have had the busiest week, I had all these photos ready on my laptop two weeks ago and just couldn't upload this in time before staying away from home for the week. So last week I did a 5 day makeup artistry course Mon-Fri and then worked all weekend and I have so missed getting behind my laptop and typing. Before I went to stay in Edinburgh for the week I did do a couple purchases on my two fav beauty websites so I thought I'd show you what I bought.
Brand: Anastasia Beverly Hills
Rating: 
Why I : This product has great colour payoff, a really nice texture and does not budge all day but the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it dries very quickly - if you make a mistake be sure to fix it pronto or be left with an ugly unwanted black smudge. 
Brand: LA Splash
Rating:
Why I : I love this stuff so much. I came across LA Splash randomly on Instagram then saw that Beauty Bay stock it and I'm such a nude person, it's basically all I wear on my lips. Leave this a couple minutes after application to ensure it's dry and it will stay on all day.
Brand: ZOEVA
Product: 325, 226, 232
Rating:
Why I : I love Zoeva brushes so much I actually have quite a ridiculous amount between my two brush pots. They're so affordable and such good brushes you can't go wrong. 325 I use to highlight my brow bone, 226 is for shadow application beneath my lower lashes and 232 I use to pack shadow onto my lids.
 
Brand: Huda Beauty
Rating:
Why I : I first discovered this brand when Cult Beauty announced that they started stocking it and Kim K, Beyoncé and more of my faves are all fans of their lashes so of course I had to look it up. The eyelashes are amazing but these nails. omg. LOVE them and they are a little pricey but they're so so cute. The only lil negative is a lot of the gems fell off on the first day of wearing these and for £14.50 I would have thought they'd be a little stronger. 
 
Brand: Anastasia Beverly Hills
Product: Concealer
Rating: 
Why I : Another from one of my fav brands is the ABH Concealer in the shade 1.5. This is a cool shade and I have cool skin so I use this to cover any imperfections. Absolutely love it. It's such a nice consistency and blends so easily Couldn't recommend it more.
Brand: Kevin Aucoin
Rating: 
Why I : I had heard so much good things about Kevin Aucoin from The Celestial Bronzing Veil to The Banana Powder and I really needed a pair of eyelash curlers so when I came across these on Cult Beauty I was totally winning. They were kinda pricey but they're so shiny and pretty and I'm a sucker for spending too much on something because it looks pretty (oops). 
Brand: Sigma Beauty
Rating:
Why I : Sigma is another brand that does really good brushes and while this brush is nice and comes to a really sharp point I do find it more difficult to work with than an angled brush. Saying that, it may be because the ABH Creme liner does dry up so quickly and I would have to wash this brush every night to use again the next day or the product just completely dries it up (and I don't have the patience or effort or memory to clean a brush every night).

So that is all for this little post, I thought I'd change it up a little this time and give a rating and write a little less, I feel like it looks more tidy. I am so glad to finally get this post up I really hate going too long without blogging, it's become a real little love of mine. Be sure to take a look at Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty because they sell some really amazing brands, some of which we can't get anywhere else here in the UK. They also give free samples when you spend over £50 (it may be £40 on Cult Beauty) and I love getting these to try out. See you V soon,

Love Jess 

If you enjoy my posts be sure to follow me on my social medias & Bloglovin. Big love XXXX
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ahh I want it all!! I'm so jel hahaha. The concealer and lipstick in particular sound and look amazing!! I really wanna try Anastasia products for sure. Love how this is set out, nice to see how many stars you'd rate a product, and then why you wouldn't give it a 5 etc, it was very informative:) Xx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concealer was actually quite well priced so was the creme liner, couldn't recommend Anastasia any more!!! Glad you liked it I liked doing this one a little different, thanks girl xxx

    ReplyDelete

© JESSICA TATE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig